- This event has passed.
Beach 2030 Late Afternoon Discussion Groups: Student Success
October 15, 2018 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Beach 2030 Discussion – Student Success
Higher Education Institutions are under increasing pressure to better support student success, which is often measured by our retention and graduation rates.
The College of Liberal Arts continues to support our students in and out of the classroom, but there is still more work to be done. Some of our accomplishments include:
- Increased 4-year graduation rates over the last two years
- Development of Transfer Learning Communities to support first-time transfer students
- Increased Internship opportunities to better prepare CLA students for life after college
Some questions to consider as we develop our 2030 plan for student success:
- How should we understand student success more comprehensively?
- How can we better support all students’ success?
- How do we want to measure student success beyond graduation rates?
Your voice matters! How do you define student success? What questions or ideas do you have regarding student success? This is an opportunity to start the discussion and to ensure your voice is heard!
Join me on Monday, October 15th from 4:00 – 6:00 pm at the Karl Anatol Center. Refreshments will be provided. No RSVP required.
“Student success is not just earning a college degree. Student success is discovering who you are, determining your likes and dislikes, strengthening your skills, and expanding your knowledge. Student Success is experiencing a journey that prepares you to live your best life!”