Aja Minor: Consultant at Practicing Freedom. Guess Her Major?
Major: International Studies
Degree(s): MA in Social Anthropology, University of London, Migration and Diaspora Studies, School of Oriental and African Studies, class of 2008; BA in International Studies, California State University – Long Beach, class of 2007.
Certificate: Making it Happen: Project Development
Aja Minor is an educator with varied experience providing administrative, research and programmatic support. Her long-term career goals entail building a career in International and Human Rights education. In 2009, Aja became a founder for InSolidarity, an international education project that combines education, travel, and cultural exchange to build leadership (personal and social) and civic engagement (local and global). In her current position as a Consultant for Practicing Freedom, Aja consults organizations and individuals in Participatory Action Research. In this position, Aja is instrumental in curriculum development, facilitation, and coaching. Aja is passionate about developing cross-cultural and leadership skills in low-income youth of color and building a new generation of socially-just global citizenship.
Aja’s Professional Road Map:
- Consultant, Practicing Freedom
- Interim Coordinator/Assistant Coordinator, Bay Area Community Resources
- Internship Coordinator, Island High School – Bay Area Community Resources
- Founder, InSolidarity
- Volunteer, The Queer African Youth Networking Center (QAYN)
- Program Associate, Black Alliance for Just Immigration
- Middle East Reality Tours Assistant, Global Exchange
- Outreach and Research Volunteer, MISSSEY
- Trainee, Children’s Defense Fund
- Heal the Streets Intern, Ella Baker Center for Human Rights
- Communications Intern, Women of Color Resource Center
- Library Assistant, 2009 Anti-Slavery International
- Human Resources Assistant, Aramark
- Student Assistant, Center for International Education – California State University, Long Beach