CLA First-Time, First-Year SOAR
Welcome to Your First Semester at CSULB as a CLA Student!
We look forward to assisting you as you prepare for your first semester at CSULB. To start the Advising & Registration process, review the information below.
When Do I Register?
In late May, you will be invited by email to sign up for your advising session with ATLAS. This session will be in-person or virtual based on your confirmed Advising & Registration date.
How Do I Register for Classes?
Before your confirmed Advising & Registration session (at least one week prior):
- Check your personal and student email regularly for updates from the university
- Complete your First-Time/First-Year Advising Survey
- Submit your AP, IB, or Transfer credit to CSULB
During your confirmed Advising & Registration session:
- Review your advisor’s recommended course plan
- Search for course days and times
- Use your registration tools and register for classes on your MyCSULB Student Center
- First-Time, First-Year How to Register Guide
- Register for Fall 2023!
Need Registration Assistance?
ATLAS advisors will be available to assist you during your Advising & Registration Session
Need to Change Your Major?
If you are changing your major into or within CLA, submit a Major Change Request.
Do More in CLA!
Join a CLA Learning Community
- Take classes with other CLA first-year students
- Connect with campus and classmates
- Form study groups
- Learn tips for academic success
- And More!