CLA Transfer SOAR
Welcome to the College of Liberal Arts!
As an incoming CLA Transfer student, you must complete two components to begin at CSULB:
- Advising & Registration – facilitated by a College of Liberal Arts advisor
- Orientation – facilitated by the SOAR Office
Steps to Complete Your Advising & Registration:
1. Complete Online Advising & Registration Course
- Available December 1st on BeachBoard via sso.csulb.edu
- Complete BeachBoard course prior to December 14th
2. Review Course Recommendations & Registration Instructions
- Emailed to your personal and/or CSULB Student email from your advisor in early-December
- Load your MyCSULB Shopping Cart based on the advisor’s recommendations and attached resources
3. Register Between December 14th – 18th
- Advisors are available for registration assistance December 14th – 18th, 10am – 4pm
- A SOAR hold will be placed on your record on December 21st and removed once you attend your virtual orientation workshop
If you register successfully, congratulations! You are not required to speak with an advisor.
If you need registration assistance, complete a CLA Registration Assistance form (coming soon) and an advisor will contact you on a first-come first-served basis during the registration period.
The University is closed and all advisors are offline during weekends and December 24th – January 3rd.
- How To Register: step-by-step instructions on how to register for classes
- CLA Registration Assistance (coming soon): request registration help from an advisor
- Schedule of Classes: list of Spring 2021 classes and GE Requirements
- University Catalog: course descriptions and prerequisite information
- Know Your Terms: list of commonly use registration terminology
If you are changing your major outside of CLA, contact the Advising Center for your intended major.
Complete a General Questions form to confirm you no longer plan to attend CSULB.
- CLA Registration Dates: Dec 14 - 18
- University closed (offline): Dec 24 - Jan 3
- Submit Official Transcripts to CSULB Enrollment Services
- Complete Admissions Steps for Newly Admitted Transfers
- Tuition and Fees Deadlines
- Immunization Requirements Deadlines