Welcome to the College of Liberal Arts (CLA)!
We’re so happy you’re interested in joining us.
The College of Liberal Arts is the largest college at CSULB, offering over 100 undergraduate majors, minors, and certificates!
- Why Major in CLA? - Find out why the College of Liberal Arts is right for you!
- CLA Major & Minor Checklists - Review the requirements for all Majors and Minors in the College of Liberal Arts
- College of Liberal Arts Departments & Programs - View the websites for all CLA Departments and Programs
- Careers Related to CSULB Degrees - Click on the College of Liberal Arts accordion to explore potential career opportunities related to CLA degrees
Build your community! CLA offers new and continuing students a variety of opportunities to connect with each other, faculty, and advisors.
Participate in a First-Year Learning Community
The Learning Alliance - providing First-Time, First-Year (Freshmen) students with packaged first-semester courses, resources to navigate college, built-in friendships, and more!
Transfer Learning Community - offering packaged first-semester courses, connections with faculty in your major department, and opportunities to engage with your peers
Once you’re admitted, here’s what to do next.
- Check your personal and CSULB emails regularly – this is the primary way that Enrollment Services and your advisors will contact you.
- Submit all college-level credit & transcripts to CSULB ASAP – this includes AP/IB/CLEP exams, credit from community colleges & 4-year institutions, military credit, etc. The sooner we receive your credit, the more accurate your tools and advising experience will be.
- Attend Orientation – all incoming students are required to participate in orientation prior to attending CSULB.