Usability Evaluation Services
We evaluate the following four dimensions of usability:
- The effectiveness and efficiency of a product or site in supporting users goals, purposes, and objectives.
- The ease of learning to use a product or site for beginners.
- The ease of use for a product or site for experienced users.
- The extent to which users prefer a product or site over others available.
We offer the following usability evaluation services:
- Used to determine the scope and significance of users’ needs.
- Used to define the goals, environmental constraints, and processes necessary for a product to fulfill its intended purpose(s).
- Done using surveys, focus groups, interviews, task analyses, and/or observation.
- Used to review the user interface of a product or web site.
- Prerequisites to user testing.
- Done by trained evaluators who apply empirically derived usability heuristics (guidelines) as they “walkthrough” the product or site interface.
- For samples of our Walkthroughs and Heuristic Evaluations Contact Us
- Used to determine what works and what does not for users to generate potential solutions to problems.
- Can be done in a laboratory setting (Lab user testing) or in a real world environment (Field user testing).
- For samples of our Lab User Testing work Contact Us