Fall 2020 Virtual Internships
In the wake of COVID-19, organizations are quickly changing how they get work done, which includes managing interns. While it is difficult to predict what will happen, organizations do need to start making decisions now in order to plan for successful onboarding, training, and impactful work.
To help you think through this process, we have gathered best practices for structuring virtual internships. Using these strategies will help set your organization up for an effective virtual internship experience that benefits your organization and the student interns.
What is a Virtual Internship? (download PDF File)
Best Practices for Virtual Internships (download PDF file)
The College of Liberal Arts has a long history of sending our students out into the local Long Beach community and beyond. Currently, CLA has internship partnerships with over 100 organizations in the Southern California area. Internship Partners are organizations that provide high-quality internship experiences to our CSULB College of Liberal Arts students. To see a list of our current partners, please click here.
Your organization can become an official CLA Internship Partner too!
Step 1: Complete this Internship Inquiry Form
Step 2: Attend an Internship Partners Information Session to learn more about the program and requirements
Step 3: Complete a Student Field Placement Agreement, which paves the way for meaningful CLA student participation at your workplace
Step 4: Promote internship opportunities through the CLA Internship Partners Program
There are many benefits gained by becoming an internship partner. More specifically, internship partners:
- Can select potential interns from over two dozen departments and programs in CLA—hundreds of students each semester!
- Widely advertise internship opportunities through CLA- and department-specific internship course offerings
- Streamline the completion of necessary paperwork and permissions
- Recruit students with liberal arts skills: critical thinking, problem solving, organization, effective oral and written communication, and experience working with individuals of diverse backgrounds, just to name a few!
- Learn best practices for supervision and mentoring of student interns that advance the work of the organization while ensuring student skill development
- Increase the visibility of their organizations and important work to the CSULB community and beyond
To learn more about the CLA Internship Partners Program, complete this form and someone from the CLA Career Readiness and Internship Programs office will contact with you.