Conference: "100 Years of Death and Judgment"
“100 Years of Death and Judgment: On the Occasion of the 100th Anniversary of Thomas Mann’s Death in Venice and Franz Kafka’s ‘The Judgment’”
This conference celebrates the works of German language authors Thomas Mann and Franz Kafka.
Speakers consist of students and guest speakers from different fields and across the country. This conference is a wonderful opportunity for all friends of literature and language to enrich their knowledge and appreciation of German literature.
- Ehrhard Bahr (UC Los Angeles)
- Shiree Bent (Emporia State University)
- Lauren Brooks (Pennsylvania State University)
- Amie Campos (Claremont Graduate School)
- Patrick Carlson (UC Irvine)
- Sophia Clark (CSU Long Beach)
- Daniel Constable (CSU Long Beach)
- Dan Dawes (CSU Long Beach)
- Melissa Etzler (UC Berkeley)
- Bernd Fischer (Ohio State University)
- Chris Harvey (University of Arkansas)
- Rebecca Hermann (CSU Long Beach)
- Jessie James (CSU Long Beach)
- Wolf Kittler (UC Santa Barbara)
- Curtis Maughan (Vanderbilt University)
- Dorin Smith (CSU Long Beach)
- Benjamin Tippin (CSU Long Beach)
- Enrico Vettore (CSU Long Beach)
- German Club
- Associated Students, Inc.
- Department of Romance, German, Russian Languages and Literature
- College of Liberal Arts
- Office of the Provost and Vice Provost of Academic Affairs
- Consulate General of the Federal Republic of Germany, Los Angeles
- German Academic Exchange Service, New York
For conference information, contact Sophia Clark at email@example.com.
Read Richard Manly’s This Week @ the Beach article about this event.