Department of Economics
Department Main Office Hours
Office Staff are available on campus in SPA-361A:
Monday – Thursday 7:30 AM – 12:00 PM & 1:00 PM – 4:30 PM
Fridays 7:30 AM – 12:30 PM & 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Why Major in Economics?
Economics prepares students for careers in business, government, law, and education. CSULB economics majors graduate with a valued skillset, are better prepared for graduate school, have flexibility in career opportunities, and are more likely to receive higher salaries than business and accounting degrees. Discover Career Opportunities!
Mission & Values
Mission Statement: Through teaching excellence, exceptional research, and meaningful service, we engage with students every day, striving to equip them with tools to imagine and achieve their own vision of a better future and society.
- Community Value: We aim to foster a community that creates equal opportunity and embraces diversity.
- Teaching Excellence Value: We strive to promote intellectual curiosity, diversity of perspectives, and critical thinking.
- Growth Value: We nurture students by encouraging self-discipline, perseverance, and the ambition to always learn and improve our community and ourselves.
Join one of our academic clubs! Get involved and create positive experiences and relationships to get the most of your time at “The Beach.” While you are you will also have the chance to:
- Attend fun and interesting events with your peers, such as the Economics Seminar Series,
- Get featured in our Student Highlights,
- Network with faculty and off-campus speakers, and
- Run for a leadership position and learn valuable communication and team leadership skills.