FALL 2022 – HDEV Advising Hours
In-Person and ONLINE
Click on the links below to make an appointment either an “Individual Advising Appointment” or “New Major/Minor Session”
All advising on Tuesdays is IN-PERSON in the HDEV Advising office in LA3-202A.
All advising on Wednesdays is ONLINE via email, phone or Zoom.
Tuesdays (In-person appointments in Advising Office LA3-202A):
- INDIVIDUAL ADVISING APPOINTMENTS:
1:30 pm-3:30 pm for Current Majors and Minors (last appt. at 3:10 pm). Each appointment is for 20 mins for declared majors and minors.
- NEW MAJOR/MINOR SESSIONS:
3:30 pm-4:30 pm for New Majors/Minors: Students must be prepared to stay for entire hour.
Limited to 2 students per session
Wednesdays (ONLINE advising appointment via email, phone or Zoom):
- INDIVIDUAL ADVISING APPOINTMENTS (ONLINE):
10:00 am-12:00 pm for Current Majors and Minors (last appt. at 11:40 am) Each appointment is for 20 mins for declared majors and minors.
For online advising please see the following:
- First, students will need to make advising appointments at least 48 hours in advance.
- Second, students will email advising questions to the Advisor (email@example.com) 48 hours before their advising appointment. Please include your phone number as well in case the advisor needs to contact you via phone.
Students should be prepared to be on their computer or phone at the time of the appointment in case the advisor needs to communicate with the student either through email, zoom or phone.
EMAIL ADVISING: This will be the predominant advising mode. Students will email advising questions to the Advisor (firstname.lastname@example.org) 48 hours before their advising appointment using their CSULB student email account, otherwise the student email will go into the junk folder. The advisor will respond via email either before or during advising appointment time.
PHONE ADVISING: If phone advising is needed the advisor will contact the student. The call will be made during the appointment time.
VIDEOCONFERENCING ZOOM ADVISING: If face-to face advising is needed for more complicated questions, it will be also be done during the appointment time. The advisor will send a link to the student via email to invite the student to join the meeting.
Note: Phone and Zoom advising appointments will be set up at the advisor’s discretion
- Students should review their Academic Requirements Report (ARR) Check this ARR guide fr om Enrollment Services to learn more about how to access and understand your report.
- For HDEV major and minor checklists from other catalog years, and other CLA departments, see the CLA listing.
- The CLA ATLAS web site also provides useful information and several helpful resources as well.
Enrollment and Registration Information
*Hours are subject to change. Check back weekly for updates