- Professor of Human Development
- Email: Pamela.Roberts@csulb.edu
- Phone: (562) 985-1587
- Office: FO2-227
- Office hours Fall 2021: Tuesdays and Thursdays @ 4:30 pm-5:00 pm. Please email Dr. Roberts for an appointment.
In the past few years, most of Dr. Robert’s research has focused on the use of the world wide web in bereavement. New projects include research on the disposition of cremated remains by individuals with no family history of cremation and the proliferation of In Memoriam signs in automobile windows. Her other research interests include social cognition and aging, as well as gender differences in aging.
M.A. (1977) in Applied Behavioral Analysis (Psychology) from the Western Michigan University, M.A. (1978) in Experimental Psychology from the University of Notre Dame, Ph.D. (1979) in Educational Psychology/ Human Development (specialization in gerontology) from the University of Wisconsin, Madison
- HDEV 300: Death and Dying
- HDEV 320: Quantitative Methods in Human Development
- HDEV 357: Approaches to Adulthood Through Aging
- HDEV 404: Living and Dying in a Digital Age
- HDEV 470: Seminar/Practicum