History Writing Tutors
Welcome to the History Writing Tutors’ page
We are here to help any students with writing a thesis statement and giving general advice about organizing their paper for any history class.
- We expect all 100 level students to have read all of the assigned material before receiving tutoring for a thesis.
- Most students that come prepared with three thought-out topics for their body paragraphs can be helped twice as fast.
- ***The best time to come in is after reading all of your materials, but before you start writing your paper.
Please visit our sign-up sheet online during the school closure: Sign-Up Here.
*You need to sign-up anytime before 5pm the day before your desired appointment. i.e. If you want to be tutored on Thursday at 5:30pm you must sign-up before 5pm on Wednesday.
Earlier sign-ups are always appreciated!!!
- Location: FO2-101 (occasionally we are moved to FO2-115)
- Our hours: Monday through Thursday 9am-6pm
- Please bring:
- Your essay prompt
- Something to write or type with
- An idea of what you might want to write about–this does not have to be fully developed
The amount of time to help each student varies, but most students are helped in about 15 minutes.
If you would like to plan out a preliminary thesis before seeing us, please use the form below to help you develop a historical and arguable thesis: Thesis Worksheet