History Writing Tutors
Hi there! We are here to help students write a thesis statement and to give general advice about organizing a paper for any history class .
- We expect all 100-level students to have read all of the assigned material before receiving tutoring for a thesis.
- Students that come prepared with three thought-out topics for their body paragraphs can often be helped twice as fast.
- ***The best time to come in is after reading all of your materials, but before you start writing your paper.
Making an Appointment:
Please visit our sign-up sheet online: Sign Up Here.
You can now indicate a preference for your appointment: in-person or online. We will do our best to accommodate your preference, but please note that in-person appointments are subject to change to online if in-person tutors are not available at your scheduled time. Please make sure to include all requested information so that the sign-up process can go as smoothly as possible. Our tutors will reach out via email to confirm your appointment and send you the meeting link, should you choose the online option.
*IMPORTANT* You need to sign up anytime before 5pm the day before your desired appointment. i.e. If you want to be tutored on Thursday at 5:30pm, you must sign up before 5pm on Wednesday.
Earlier sign-ups are always appreciated!!!
- Location: Zoom or FO2-101 (occasionally we are moved to FO2-115)
- Our hours: Monday through Thursday, 9am-6pm
- Please bring:
- Your essay prompt
- Something to write or type with
- Three ideas for topics you might want to write about (these do not have to be fully developed!)
Our hours are divided into 30 minute time-slots. The amount of time to help each student varies, but most students are helped in about 15 minutes.
If you would like to plan out a preliminary thesis before seeing us, please use the form below to help you develop a historical and arguable thesis: Thesis Worksheet