Anthropology and Linguistics Lab
Please email during summer to request to use the lab at firstname.lastname@example.org
This lab, located in PSY 422, is available to all students in Linguistics, ASLD and Anthropology courses. It offers a place to do homework, hold study groups, receive technical help, and check out equipment for class projects. Facilities include:
- Mac and PC stations, laptops
- software for video and audio editing, statistical analysis, acoustic analysis, linguistic database analysis
- video equipment: camcorders, digital cameras, tripods
- audio equipment: MP3 recorders, tape recorders, microphones
- video projectors, DVD and VHS players
Equipment check-out is usually for 3 days. We recommend reserving equipment a week in advance. Long term check-out is available to graduate students with faculty permission.
Lab phone: (562) 985-1303
There are several small multi-purpose rooms in PSY 438 that can be reserved for running experiments. To reserve, contact Dr. Nancy Hall.
Linguistics recording room
The recording room, located in PSY 438D, is equipped with a Marantz PMD 660 solid-state recorder and Shure PG-81 cardioid condenser microphone. To reserve, contact Dr. Nancy Hall.
Linguistics research lab
The research lab, located in PSY 438G is primarily used by students working as faculty research assistants, including those in the BUILD and UROP programs. The CSULB Phonetics Lab meets here. Phone: (562) 985-1898.