KTL Family LSAT Fund
The KTL Family LSAT Fund supports current CSULB Political Science majors planning to go to law school by helping with the costs of preparing for and taking the Law School Admission Test (LSAT).
- LSAT registration fees;
- LSAT preparation costs (courses, tutoring, books, etc.)
The application for the KTL Family Fellowship is November 17th, 2023.
Before you apply, you will need to gather some required information and plan some of your answers:
- Establish a free account on LSAC.org. Go to https://www.lsac.org/, click on “sign in,” “JD Account,” and then click “sign up now”;
- Adversity statement: You will need to write an 800 word max. statement discussing any challenges you have faced as a college student, especially challenges related to being a first-generation college student, socio-economic background, culture, sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, family issues, or other factors. In your statement, be sure to explain: (A) how the challenge specifically affected your preparation for law school, and (B) how the challenge has shaped your character, leadership potential, problem solving ability, or other factors that might make you a better law student;
- Financial need statement: You will need to write a 400 word max. detailed description of your financial situation, including (A) your sources of income and support and (B) your regular expenses. Also, if you have received an LSAC waiver, you will need to explain your need for funding above the amount of the waiver;
- If you have applied for a fee waiver from LSAC and they have made a decision, have a copy of LSAC’s decision on your fee waiver application ready. (NOTE: you can still receive KTL Family LSAT funds whether or not you received an LSAC fee waiver);
- If you filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) last year, have a copy of your FAFSA Student Aid Report ready (NOTE: you can still receive KTL Family LSAT funds whether or not you receive federal student aid);
Once you have gathered the above information and have written the two above statements, click on THIS LINK to apply for the KTL Family LSAT Funds.
NOTE: Once you begin the application you will either need to finish or start again. You will not be able to save your progress and then pick up where you left off. So be sure to have all of the above information ready before you start.
For questions about the application or anything else related to the KTL Family LSAT Fund, email: Kathryn.Perkins@csulb.edu