Bachelor of Arts
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
Bachelor of Arts
The political science major is designed to help students learn to think seriously and carefully about politics while preparing them for a wide variety of careers. The program provides a solid foundation in the traditional concerns of the discipline as well as broad exposure to the various things that impinge upon and are affected by the political world. Studying these issues will also enhance your skills in analytical-critical thinking, quantitative reasoning, and oral, written, and electronic communication. The CSULB Political Science Department is known as one of the top political science programs in the CSU system, and one of the most reputable non-Ph.D. granting political science programs in the region. CSULB political science offers undergraduate and MA students a wide range of rigorous, intellectually-challenging courses taught by a diverse and talented faculty who take both teaching and research seriously.
For more information, please explore the links below:
- CSULB Catalog: Political Science program and course descriptions
- Faculty list: research interests and contact information
- Schedule of Classes: course offerings, by semester
- Registration dates and deadlines: enrollment details, by semester
- Enrollment forms: registration/records, withdrawals, financial aid, etc.
- Undergraduate Advisor: listing and appointment information
- POSC B.A. Requirements Worksheets: download to plan and track your progress through the major
- POSC Advising Shortcuts: archive of advising shortcuts– one page sheets that provide basic information and a straightforward set of action steps to take on a particular topic.
- Frequently Asked Questions and Answers about the Political Science B.A. program
If you have any further questions you may contact: Political Science Department: (562) 985-4704