Welcome! The sociology department offers advising to assist undergraduate students with academic and career-related issues:
- Short and long-term class planning
- Graduation requirements
- Post-graduate options and opportunities
- Other matters related to your sociology career here at CSULB
Summer 2021 Sociology Department Advisors:
- Dr. Nancy Martin
- Dr. Varisa Patraporn
NEW TRANSFERS: Welcome! Look for email messages from us starting in June. Meanwhile, be sure to sign up for SOAR.
Please see calendar below for available times and links for Zoom Drop-in Advising
Click on the Zoom link anytime during the scheduled advising window. (Zoom advising calendar will be updated throughout the summer.) You will enter a waiting room where you will wait for your turn to speak with the advisor.
We look forward to meeting with you. We are here to help!
- You should review your Academic Requirements Report (ARR) regularly. See this ARR guide from Enrollment Services to learn more about how to access and understand your report.
- Sociology Major Checklist 2020-21
- Sociology Minor Checklist 2019-20
- For checklists from other catalog years, and other CLA departments, see the CLA listing.
- The College of Liberal Arts Advising ATLAS web site has lots of useful information and resources.
- General advising/policy questions may be emailed to Sociology.Advising@csulb.edu. Questions that require an advisor to review your record will not be answered by email. Please use the schedule for Zoom Drop-in below.