How to Apply
How to Apply
The Engineering Girls Internship has been canceled for 2021.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions regarding in-person gathering on campus, there will not be an EGI program for 2021. We apologize for any inconvenience, and hope you understand that this cancellation is out of concern for the students and their family members.
What are the requirements to apply?
Interested Applicants must meet all of the requirements below to be considered. They must:
- Be a female student.
- Be entering 8th grade in the upcoming fall semester.
- Be accompanied by an adult, female family member or guardian who will serve as the students’ advocate for engineering and science during and after the completion of the program.
- Be performing at grade-level or higher in mathematics and have interest in sciences and technology.
- Have a GPA of 3.70 or higher.
- Be recommended by a school counselor or teacher.
- Demonstrate willingness to reside on campus for the weekend along with an adult female family member/guardian who will also fully participate in the program.
- Be able to supply a non-refundable materials fee of $150 if accepted into the program.
How do I apply to the program?
If an applicant meets all of the requirements listed above, they are welcome to apply to the program.
To apply, send in your EGI Application (the 2021 program has been canceled) in a single envelope by TBA to:
Dr. Kim Vu
Department of Psychology, CSULB
1250 Bellflower Boulevard, Long Beach, CA 90840
RE: Engineering Girls Internship Program