CAPS (Counseling and Psychological Services)
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) helps students meet the personal challenges associated with identifying and accomplishing academic, career, and life goals. Our services include short-term counseling for individuals, group counseling, career development counseling, referral services, psychoeducational workshops, and crisis intervention.
- Location: Brotman Hall, Room 226 (BH-226)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 562/985-4001
- CAPS Website
Project OCEAN (On-Campus Emergency Assistance Network)
- Project OCEAN's (On-Campus Emergency Assistance Network) mission is to educate the campus on suicide prevention and promote a climate that reduces the stigma associated with mental health and mental illness and encourages students to seek help when needed. We are a peer education program in the Counseling and Psychological Services department within the Division of Student Affairs and are here to support our CSULB campus by providing resources and increasing knowledge of issues related to mental health through trainings, workshops, campus events, and peer-to-peer programs.
-- Educate the campus on suicide prevention
-- Promote mental health awareness and stigma reduction
-- Increase help-seeking behavior
- Email: CAPS-ProjectOCEAN@csulb.edu
- Contact Project OCEAN
- Project OCEAN website
Last Updated 11/12/21 nt
Student Health Services (SHS)
- Offers free birth control workshops, pregnancy options and consultations and STI testing to promote sexual health.
- Location: Student Health Services (SHS)
- Contact Information
- Student Health Services Website
Transgender Health Services for CSULB Students
- CSULB Student Health Services is committed to providing gender affirming health services for transgender and gender diverse students. Each student has their own unique needs: medically, psychologically, and biologically. At CSULB, Student Health Services supports our students with an integrative and holistic approach that includes a collaborative team of professionals. Students seeking care will be offered information, resources, referrals, and services to support their health and wellness. All appointments are free in the clinic. The only costs are for laboratory tests and pharmaceuticals. We are able to provide both lab tests and pharmaceuticals at greatly reduced prices.
Trans Care Team / Letter of Support for Surgery
If you are seeking a gender affirming medical procedure, such as surgery, and require a letter of support, the Trans Care Team at the Counseling and Psychological Services office is happy to help. The first step is to call CAPS at 562.985.4001 to schedule an initial consultation with the member of the Trans Care Team. When you schedule the appointment, please inform the person who answered the call that you are seeking an assessment for a letter of support and would like to meet with a member of the Trans Care Team. You will not need to give details about the procedure you are seeking when scheduling the appointment.
Last Updated 01.27.23 sum