Program Learning Outcomes
Program Learning Outcome
CSULB’s Institutional Learning Outcomes (ILOs):
Institutional Learning Outcomes highlight the knowledge, skills and abilities all students are expected to have upon graduating from CSULB.
Graduates will be:
1) Well-prepared with communication, numeracy, and critical thinking skills to successfully join the workforce of California and the world or to pursue advanced study
2) Critically and ethically engaged in global and local issues.
3) Knowledgeable and respectful of the diversity of individuals, groups, and culture.
4) Accomplished at integrating the skills of a liberal education with disciplinary or professional competency.
5) Skilled in collaborative problem solving, research, and creative activity.
Modern Jewish Studies B.A. Program Learning Outcomes:
Upon completing the Bachelor of Arts in Modern Jewish Studies, individuals shall be able to demonstrate mastery of the following skills:
1) Discipline-Specific Knowledge
Students who complete the program shall be able to describe, analyze, and evaluate Jewish literature, culture, history, and religious beliefs.
[Tied to ILOs #2, 3, 4, 5]
2) Oral and Written Communication Skills
Students who complete the program shall be able to formulate and articulate their thoughts and insights clearly and cogently in both oral and written communications.
[Tied to ILO #1]
3) Basic Competency in Hebrew
Students who complete the program shall be able to comprehend and express themselves in the Hebrew language at a basic level of comprehension and proficiency.
[Tied to ILOs #1, 2, 3]
4) Critical Thinking Skills
Students who complete the program shall be able to compare, contrast, evaluate, and analyze literature, history, and thought.
[Tied to ILOs # 1, 2, 3, 4, 5].