Center for Usability in Design and Accessibility
Founded in 1996, CUDA is an official CSU Long Beach research and testing center that specializes in usability and accessibility. CUDA’s mission is to evaluate the usability and accessibility of its clients’ technology products before they make costly investments of time, money, or other resources. These assessments constitute the 4 phases of the Product Development Lifecycle. You can learn more about CUDA by visiting the About CUDA page.
CUDA’s services include:
- Usability Evaluations – CUDA will evaluate your website or product on four dimensions of usability using a variety of methods.
- Accessibility Evaluations – A combination of expert reviewers evaluate your website or product using a variety of Accessibility Evaluation methods to establish conformance with web accessibility standards and to offer recommendations to improve web accessibility.
- Presentation Preparation – CUDA can customize your workshops, seminars, and presentations to fit your presentation needs.
- Training in Usability Evaluations – CUDA offers training on conducting usability analyses and evaluations.
To learn more about the services CUDA offers, visit the Our Services page .
Why Usability and Accessibility Matter
Usability and accessibility testing can reveal crucial flaws in your product or website. By addressing these issues before they become problems, you can potentially increase adoption of your product and save money in the long-term. To learn more about how your product can benefit from usability and accessibility, visit the “How Usability and Accessibility Can Improve Your Product” page.
CUDA has worked with a wide range of clients, including:
- Educational Institutions such as the CSU Office of the Chancellor, Colleges and Universities in the CSU System, and the Center for Academic Technology Innovations at Sonoma State.
- Government agencies such as national and local Veterans Administrations and the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Private industry companies such as the Hewlett Foundation, Addison-Wesley Longman, Inc., Southern California Edison, Honda, and First American Real Estate.
Research and Publications
California State University, Long Beach Students in CUDA have the opportunity to participate in research and contribute to conference proceedings and journal publications. To learn more about research conducted in CUDA, visit the Publications pages.
The CUDA team employs a variety of management staff and graduate student employees to deliver the highest quality deliverables to clients. To learn more about the CUDA team, visit the CUDA management or CUDA Graduate Assistants pages.
Employees can access the materials on the Employee Resources page.