Dr. Martha Franco, Assistant Professor
Office: PSY 133
- SOC 346: Race, Gender & Class
- SOC 354: Qualitative Methods of Social Research
- B.A. History and Ethnic Studies, Brown University
- Ed.M. Education, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- M.A. & Ph.D. Education, Harvard University
Current Research, Community Affiliations and Activities:
Youth Studies, Unaccompanied Minors, Central American Studies, Latin American Youth Migration, Immigrant Communities, Education Inequality, Legal Sociology, Qualitative Methods, Archives
Mapp, Karen L., Henderson, Anne T., Cuevas, Stephany, & Franco, Martha C. (October 2022). Everyone Wins! The Evidence for Family-School Partnerships and Implications for Practice. New York: Scholastic.
Martha C. Franco (Spring 2020) “Tracing History with Unaccompanied Central American Youth,” in ReVista Harvard Review of Latin America: Student Views.
Gonzales, Roberto G., Nando Sigona, Martha C. Franco, & Anna Papoutsi (2019). Undocumented Migration. Cambridge: Polity Press.
Awards and Grants:
- Harvard University Doctoral Dissertation Fellowship (2021)
- David Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies- Graduate Student Associate (2021)
- Harvard Immigration Initiative- Research Fellow (2020)