Alumni Association Grants AwardedApril 13, 2015
Source–Shayne Schroeder Published: March 16, 2015
The campus community is invited to congratulate the CSULB Alumni Association’s 2015 grant recipients at a reception on Tuesday, April 21, at 4 p.m., at The Pointe.
The association is proud to award a total of $49,230 to nine programs as part of the Alumni Grants Program. Nearly $825,900 has been distributed through this program in its 24-year history. The Schools First Federal Credit Union is also a sponsor of this program.
To attend the reception, please contact Meghan Adamovic by e-mail or call 562/985-2539 so proper accommodations can be planned.
This year’s recipients are:
1. Carpenter Performing Arts Center for microphones and sound equipment for student performances, Michele Roberge, $7,435.
2. Center for First Amendment Studies for a news production set for First Amendment News, Kevin Johnson, $7,100.
3. Civil Engineering and Construction Engineering Management Department to build a full-scale tank to demonstrate liquefaction, Luis G. Arboleda, $6,300.
4. Disabled Students Services for Assessment instruments and testing materials, Tina Sutera, $7,476.
5. Marketing Department for equipment and software to upgrade experimental lab, Ingrid Martin, $4,244.
6. School of Nursing for DxR Clinician web-based patient simulation software, Natalie Cheffer, $5,903.
7. Physics and Astronomy Department for solar telescopes for astronomy classes, Chuhee Kwon, $6,648.
8. Theatre Arts Department for a vocal health and awareness kit to teach healthy vocal production, Andrea Caban, $2,435.
9. University Library for American Sign Language materials, Gabriel Gardner, $1,689.