Marx-Nietzsche-Freud-And?September 12, 2017
CSULB RGRLL German Club Presents: Dramatic Readings
(Readings: 15 and 16 November 2017 @ 9am)
Call for Readings
The CSULB Department of Romance, German, and Russian Languages and Literatures and the German Club invite students to present short passages by Karl Marx, Friedrich Nietzsche, and Sigmund Freud at the upcoming conference: Marx-Nietzsche-Freud-And? The readings will serve as an introduction to the conference.
Texts can be read by individuals, pairs, or small groups.
The texts must be in English, less than one minute in length per individual.
Texts should be:
- Relevant to the conference topics
- Relevant in 2017
- Ad hominem attacks
- Texts should be well-rehearsed
Here are a few possible texts that can be used to find excerpts:
- Marx: Communist Manifesto, The German Ideology, On the Freedom of the Press and Censorship, Ruthless Critique of Everything Existing
- Nietzsche: Thus Spoke Zarathustra, The Birth of Tragedy, The Case for Wagner, The Gay Science
- Freud: Introductory Lectures on Psychoanalysis, Interpretation of Dreams, Civilization and its Discontents
If you would like to participate but need assistance picking a reading to submit to the organizers, please contact Professor High at email@example.com or Professor Blankenship at firstname.lastname@example.org.