Megan Alpough: Education Development Specialist at DBC Pri-Med. Guess Her Major?
International Studies Major
Major: International Studies Pre-Med
Degree(s): BA, California State University, Long Beach, class of 2010
Throughout her educational and professional career, Megan Alpough has pursued her interests and activism in healthcare and medical research. Highly active in various cancer awareness clubs and memberships and volleyball , Megan also authored and co-authored several publications regarding medical research and education during her undergraduate years at CSULB. Her interest in caring for others in and outside the medical field largely carried over into her professional life post-graduation as Megan worked both in hospitals and inside homes as an assistant and caretaker. As her professional life grew, Megan took on increased responsibility in communication, development, and writing positions all related to health or helping a community. Megan currently works as an Education Development Specialist at Pri-Med in Boston, Massachusetts.
Megan’s Professional Road Map:
- Education Development Specialist, DBC Pri-Med
- Program Coordinator Intern, Haiti Aid Watchdog
- Grant Writer, Higher Ground Community Development
- Project Coordinator, MC Communications Pri-Med
- Assistant to Judithe Registre for Haiti’s Presidential Candidate’s wife Sophia Martelly, Martelly Presidential Compaign
- Home Care Provider, IHHS
- Research Assistant to Dr. Jasminka Criley – Internal Medicine, St. Mary Medical Center
- Clinical Care Extender, St. Mary Medical Center