Nicholas Onken: Optometry Resident at Nova Southeastern University. Guess His Major?
Degree(s): Doctor, New England College of Optometry, class of 2013; BA, California State University, Long Beach, class of 2009
Following his graduation from CSULB in 2009, Nicholas pursued a career in Optometry by going to the New England College of Optometry. In 2013, Nicholas earned his degree and the title Doctor of Optometry. Soon after starting school at the New England College of Optometry, Nicholas worked in a variety of positions relating to optometry and combined his interests in Spanish and optometry by working as both a doctor and interpreter throughout his career path. In his current position, he works as an Optometry Resident – Pediatrics and Binocular Vision at Nova Southeastern University.
Nicholas’ Professional Road Map:
- Optometry Resident – Pediatrics and Binocular Vision, Nova Southeastern University
- Optometric Intern, Eye Care for Kids, LLC
- Optometric Intern, Codman Square Health Center
- Optometric Intern, VA Worcester Community Based Outpatient Clinic
- Optometric Intern, Centro Boston de Optometría
- Optometric Intern, Martha Eliot Health Center
- Optometric Intern, Jean Yawkey Place
- Optometric Assistant, Joseph M. Smith Community Health Center