Undergraduate Advising for Linguistics
(l-r: Dr. Michael Ahland, Dr. Nancy Hall, Dr. Wendy Klein)
Welcome to our Linguistics Undergrad Advising page!
Several of us will be working together to provide academic advising to majors and minors in LING and TESOL during the coming months.
- Until August 16, 2022, Dr. Nancy Hall (Chair of Linguistics) will serve as advisor.
- From August 17-December 23, 2022, Dr. Wendy Klein will serve as advisor.
Dr. Ahland is expected to return as advisor in early January, 2023.
We’re glad you’re here! Looking forward to meeting each of you!
Your advisor can help with:
- Declaring a major or minor in Linguistics
- Advising for the TESOL minor
- Questions about course planning and academic progress in LING BA, Option in Translation Studies, and Option in TESOL
- Study abroad planning
- Career preparation
- Questions from prospective students
The links below are provided to assist students with course and program planning:
- Course planning for B.A. in Linguistics
- Course planning for B.A. in Linguistics – Option in TESOL
- Course planning for B.A. in Linguistics – Option in Translation Studies
- The language requirement
- Linguistics Courses that Satisfy General Education and Writing Intensive Requirements
- Linguistics Courses in the University Catalog
- Complementary Majors and Minors
- Funded Opportunities for Linguistics Students (for during the BA program and for post BA program)
Other non-LING specific resources that may be helpful as you plan your courses: