Undergraduate Advising for Linguistics
Welcome to our Linguistics Undergrad Advising page!
My name is Dr. Michael Ahland, and I’m the Undergraduate Advisor for Linguistics. For the Fall 2021 semester, most advising will be handeled via Zoom, beginning August 23:
||11:00am-12:00pm||(and by appointment)|
If you need to contact me, email is generally the fastest way: Michael.Ahland@csulb.edu.
We’re glad you’re here! Looking forward to meeting each of you!
As an advisor, I can help with:
- Declaring a major or minor in Linguistics
- Advising for the TESOL minor
- Questions about course planning and academic progress in LING BA, Option in Translation Studies, and Option in TESOL
- Study abroad planning
- Career preparation
- Questions from prospective students
The links below are provided to assist students with course and program planning:
- Course planning for B.A. in Linguistics
- Course planning for B.A. in Linguistics – Option in TESOL
- Course planning for B.A. in Linguistics – Option in Translation Studies
- The language requirement
- Linguistics Courses that Satisfy General Education and Writing Intensive Requirements
- Linguistics Courses in the University Catalog
- Complementary Majors and Minors
- Funded Opportunities for Linguistics Students (for during the BA program and for post BA program)
Other non-LING specific resources that may be helpful as you plan your courses: