Undergraduate Advising for Linguistics
Welcome to our Linguistics Undergrad Advising page!
We’re glad you’re here! I am the undergraduate advisor for the Linguistics Department. You are welcome to send me an email (Michael.Ahland ‘at’ csulb.edu) to ask advising questions at any time.
Welcome to the Fall 2023 semester! My Advising hours will once again be held via zoom (it’s much easier to share my screen with you online and to show you all the details that you need to know).
Advising Hours for Fall 2023
|and by appointment (contact me via email): Dr. Michael Ahland|
|Office Hours Zoom Room: https://csulb.zoom.us/j/87268172278|
Students are always welcome to email me with any questions, using the email link above. Please watch your CSULB email for directions and updates regarding important dates for the semester and as well as other relevant announcements.
I am looking forward to working with each of you!
Your advisor can help with:
- Declaring a major or minor in Linguistics
- Advising for the TESOL minor
- Questions about course planning and academic progress in LING BA, Option in Translation Studies, and Option in TESOL
- Study abroad planning
- Career preparation
- Questions from prospective students
The links below are provided to assist students with course and program planning:
- Course planning for B.A. in Linguistics
- Course planning for B.A. in Linguistics – Option in TESOL
- Course planning for B.A. in Linguistics – Option in Translation Studies
- The language requirement
- Linguistics Courses that Satisfy General Education and Writing Intensive Requirements
- Linguistics Courses in the University Catalog
- Complementary Majors and Minors
- Funded Opportunities for Linguistics Students (for during the BA program and for post BA program)
Other non-LING specific resources that may be helpful as you plan your courses: