CLA SOAR Advising
Welcome to the College of Liberal Arts!
As an incoming CLA student, you will complete two components to begin at CSULB:
1. Advising & Registration – facilitated by a professional CLA advisor
- Register for courses in December
2. Orientation – facilitated by the SOAR Office
- Attend your SOAR Virtual Orientation Workshop in early January
Advising & Registration Information
Click the icon below for details about your advising and registration process:
If you are intending to change your major outside of CLA, find the Advising Center for your intended major and submit the Change of Major Request Form on their website.
At this time, we are NOT accepting requests from incoming students to add a Minor or Double Major. Students may discuss their options with an advisor during the Spring 2022 semester.
To add an additional degree objective (Minor or 2nd Major) you must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA in all three GPAs: Overall, CSULB, and Major
- Be fully declared in your major (no pre-majors)
- Be able to complete all degree requirements within expected graduation term
In the meantime, we encourage you to explore our CLA Major & Minor Checklists!
Submit an Online Admissions Ticket to confirm you no longer plan to attend CSULB.
Your advisor will be contacting you via email prior to registration, but if you have immediate questions, please submit our General Questions Form.