CLA SOAR Advising
Welcome to the College of Liberal Arts!
As an incoming CLA student, you will complete two components to begin at CSULB:
1. Advising & Registration – facilitated by a CLA advisor in December. *Note: Registration Dates range between 12/11 and 12/15, depending on your SOAR Reservation.
- Register for courses on your Registration Date
2. Orientation – facilitated by the SOAR Office in January
- Attend your Orientation Workshop
Advising & Registration Information
Click the appropriate icon below for details about your advising and registration process:
At this time, we are NOT accepting requests from incoming students to add a Minor or Double Major. Students may discuss their options with an advisor during the Spring 2024 semester.
To add an additional degree objective (Minor or 2nd Major) you must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA in all three GPAs: Overall, CSULB, and Major
- Be fully declared in your major (no pre-majors)
- Be able to complete all degree requirements within expected graduation term
In the meantime, we encourage you to explore our CLA Major & Minor Checklists!
- Schedule of Classes: list of classes and GE requirements offered each term
- CLA Major & Minor Checklists: resource for viewing major/minor requirements
- University Catalog: course descriptions and prerequisite information
- Know Your Terms: list of commonly used registration terminology
- Understanding Your Academic Requirements: video resource explaining your Academic Requirements Report
If you have previously accepted your offer of admission and have decided NOT to attend CSULB, please follow the Cancel Admission instructions.
Campus Resource Links
Your advisor will contact you via email prior to registration, but if you have immediate questions, please submit our General Questions Form.