CLA SOAR Advising
Welcome to the College of Liberal Arts!
As an incoming CLA student, you will complete two components to begin at CSULB:
1. Orientation – facilitated by the SOAR Office
- Attend your on-campus Orientation Workshop
2. Advising & Registration – facilitated by a CLA advisor
- Register for courses on your Registration Date (after your on-campus Orientation Workshop)
Advising & Registration Information
Click the appropriate icon below for details about your advising and registration process:
At this time, we are NOT accepting requests from incoming students to add a Minor or Double Major. Students may discuss their options with an advisor during the Fall 2022 semester.
To add an additional degree objective (Minor or 2nd Major) you must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA in all three GPAs: Overall, CSULB, and Major
- Be fully declared in your major (no pre-majors)
- Be able to complete all degree requirements within expected graduation term
In the meantime, we encourage you to explore our CLA Major & Minor Checklists!
If you have previously accepted your offer of admission and have decided NOT to attend CSULB, please follow the Cancel Admission instructions.
Campus Resource Links
Your advisor will be contacting you via email prior to registration, but if you have immediate questions, please submit our General Questions Form.