Transfer Learning Community
Since 1992, the College of Liberal Arts (CLA) has successfully offered incoming students packaged courses to jump-start college. Each year, we offer this amazing learning experience to transfer students in various CLA departments!
How It Works
The Transfer Learning Community (TLC) is an opportunity for guaranteed major courses and an invitation to become a part of the larger CLA community. Participants in TLC enroll in a package of 2-3 courses with other students in their major.
For answers to commonly asked TLC questions, please view the FAQ page.
- Make connections between content in different major courses
- Develop teamwork and leadership skills
- Increase opportunities for academic and personal success
- Build friendships and study groups quickly while learning together
- Establish early relationships with faculty members
Your Experience Matters!
Research shows that learning community students tend to have higher GPAs, are better prepared for class, and are more satisfied with their learning and academic choices. Hear what previous TLC students have to say about their experience in a learning community by visiting our Testimonials page.
Click on the icon for your major to learn more about participating in Fall 2021 TLC: