CLA Transfer SOAR
When Do I Receive Advising?
Your CLA Advisor will contact you via email with advising and registration information in late June/early July.
Find My CLA Advisor
When Do I Register?
Your advising hold will be lifted to give you registration access at 9am on your confirmed Registration Date, one week prior to your SOAR Virtual Orientation Workshop.
Review your SOAR confirmation email to find your Registration Date. Your Registration Date is NOT the same as your SOAR Virtual Orientation Workshop.
How Do I Register for Classes?
On your Registration Date:
1. Your advising hold will be released at 9am
2. Use your registration tools to load your Shopping Cart
- Check your email in July for details from your CLA Advisor
- Schedule of Classes: list of classes and GE Requirements offered each term
- University Catalog: course descriptions and prerequisite information
- Know Your Terms: list of commonly used registration terminology
3. Register for classes on your MyCSULB Student Center
4. An advising hold will be placed on your account by the end of the day
Need Registration Assistance?
Request one-on-one help from an advisor on your registration date.
Need to Change Your Major?
If you are changing your major into or within CLA, submit a Major Change Request.
Do More in 4!
- Connect with faculty and staff within your major and CLA
- Build relationships with other transfer students in your major
- Learn about graduate school, research opportunities, and internships
- Stay on track for graduation in four semesters!