CLA Transfer SOAR
Welcome to the College of Liberal Arts!
As an incoming CLA Transfer student, you must complete two components to begin at CSULB:
Steps to Complete Your Advising & Registration:
1. Complete Online Advising & Registration Course
- Available December 1st on BeachBoard via sso.csulb.edu
- Complete BeachBoard course prior to December 14th
2. Review Course Recommendations & Registration Instructions
- Emailed to your personal and/or CSULB Student email from your advisor in early-December
- Load your MyCSULB Shopping Cart based on the advisor’s recommendations and attached resources
3. Register Once Holds are Removed
- Advisors are available for registration assistance during business hours
- A SOAR hold will be placed on your record on December 21st and removed once you attend your virtual orientation workshop
If you register successfully, congratulations! You are not required to speak with an advisor.
If you need registration assistance, find your advisor here: CLA SOAR Advising Contacts.
The University is closed and all advisors are offline during weekends and December 24th – January 3rd.
- How To Register: step-by-step instructions on how to register for classes
- CLA SOAR Advising Contacts: to find your primary advisor
- CLA Registration Assistance : request registration help from an ATLAS advisor
- Schedule of Classes: list of Spring 2021 classes and GE Requirements
- University Catalog: course descriptions and prerequisite information
- Know Your Terms: list of commonly used registration terminology
If you are changing your major outside of CLA, contact the Advising Center for your intended major.
Complete a General Questions form to confirm you no longer plan to attend CSULB.
Some Psychology courses will be reserved for incoming PSY majors!
Search for open PSY classes using the MyCSULB Search Function.
Incoming PSY majors are limited to TWO PSY classes in Spring 2021.