FMA Test Page
Welcome to CLA’s Freshman Mandatory Advising (FMA)!
The College of Liberal Arts (CLA) is here for you! Participate in FMA to have your advising hold released and to register for your third semester.
Follow the STEPS below:
STEP 1: Watch the Videos
These videos build upon the information presented in Fall 2020. You can review last semester’s videos under the “Academic Resources” sidebar.
STEP 2: Choose Your Advising Experience
Select ONE of the following options to complete your advising requirement:
Option 1: Submit Online Form
- Submit your proposed Fall 2021 schedule (and Summer if applicable) by clicking on the Online Form icon
- Receive a personalized Advising Plan via email within 3 business days
Option 2: Book Zoom Appointment
Appointments are available to CLA majors/pre-majors only. If you are a non-CLA major changing into CLA, submit this form to request access.
- Create a proposed Fall 2021 schedule (and Summer if applicable)
- Book a 30-minute Zoom appointment via Beach Connect by clicking on the Appointment icon. Once you’re logged into Beach Connect, follow the instructions on the gold bar at the top of the screen.
- Attend your advising appointment
- Receive a personalized Advising Plan via email within 24 hours of appointment
STEP 3: Register on Your Enrollment Appointment Date & Time!
- If you want to change to a NON-CLA major visit the Enrollment Services website for advising information.
- If you want to change INTO a CLA major follow the FMA steps.
Review the following tools to help plan your schedule.
If you are changing your major within or into CLA, view your Major Specific Requirements on your intended major checklist.
Course Planning Tools
Utilize CSULB’s many services to receive academic assistance.
Connect with CSULB through a variety of organizational opportunities.
Student Support Services
For additional student services and support, click the link below.