FMA test page
Welcome to CLA’s Freshman Mandatory Advising (FMA)!
We hope you are enjoying your first semester at CSULB and we look forward to helping you plan for Spring 2022.
In order to have the “Prevent all Enrollment Actions” advising hold released and be able to register for your second semester, follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Watch the Videos
STEP 2: Choose Your Advising Experience
Select ONE of the following options to complete your advising requirement:
Option 1: Submit Online Form
- Submit your proposed Spring 2022 schedule via FMA form
- Receive a personalized Advising Plan from an advisor within 3 business days of submission via email
Option 2: Book Zoom Appointment
- Create a proposed Spring 2022 schedule
- Book & Attend a 30-minute Zoom appointment with an advisor via Beach Connect
- Receive a personalized Advising Plan from an advisor within 24 hours of appointment via email
STEP 3: Register on Your Enrollment Appointment Date & Time!
- If you want to change to a NON-CLA major visit the Enrollment Services website for advising information.
- If you want to change INTO a CLA major follow the FMA steps.
Submit Your Test & Transfer Credits
If you have not already submitted your test and transfer credits, send as soon as possible.
Utilize CSULB’s many services to receive academic assistance.
Connect with CSULB through a variety of organizational opportunities.
Student Support Services
For additional student services and support, click the link below.