FMA Test Page
Welcome to CLA’s Freshman Mandatory Advising (FMA)
We hope you are enjoying your first semester at CSULB, and we look forward to helping you plan for Spring 2021.
In order to have the “Prevent all Enrollment Actions” advising hold released and be able to register for your second semester, follow the steps below:
- Watch the FMA Videos
- Complete and submit your FMA Guide
- Review your personalized Advising Plan (the advisor’s response to your Guide submission)
- Register on your Enrollment Appointment Date & Time
- If you no longer wish to pursue a CLA major, visit the Enrollment Services website to learn which Advising Center to contact for your Freshman Mandatory Advising.
- If you are NOT currently a declared CLA major or pre-major and would like to change into one of our options, complete the steps above.
If you are changing your major within or into CLA, view your Major Specific Requirements on your intended major checklist.
Course Planning Tools
Thank you for watching these videos. You are ready to start your FMA Guide. Once completed, you will receive your personalized Advising Plan within two business days via email.
Utilize CSULB's many services to receive academic assistance.
Submit Your Test & Transfer Credits
If you have not already submitted your test and transfer credits, send as soon as possible.
Connect with CSULB through a variety of organizational opportunities.
Student Support Services
For additional student services and support, click the link below.